Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Rocks!

(This post is just me going on and on about Will and what he is up to these days,,,, warning) 

Will's favorite thing in the whole wide world is rocks. He is a man obsessed. If we are outside at all, he is looking for rocks. He walks around going 'looking, looking, looking' which sounds like 'yooking, yooking, yooking' and is super cute. I've started trying to make sure we always have a bucket or cup or something with us that he can put them in. (Then I try to dump them out/trash them when he is later occupied) If we are riding in the car he'll say 'look at that big rock!' or his next favorite thing 'throw rocks in creek' which sounds like 'throw rocks in keek'. He loves him a creek. I really have to keep an eye on him when water is around or I think he would just go bounding in!! But really I think I should have had a rock themed bday party for his 2nd bday, we could have had a big cake shaped like a rock, and I could have handed out little bags of rocks, and we could have rock candy (hahahahaha). I'll be interested to see how long this obsession lasts but will be a little sad when he isn't as completely taken by rocks as he is now. We took him to his cousin's baseball game, he looked for rocks the whole time. Take him to the park, he'll kind of play on the slides and whatnot but really wants to pick up rocks. We took him to the zoo last week and instead of being pumped about seeing giraffes and elephants, he was all 'look at that big rock!'. Ha.
It is fun that is he talking so much more now. He can string a sentence together too, somewhat. We went to a playgroup date the other morning, and on the way home he said 'Will had fun playgroup, come back soon'. It is so nice to be able to communicate with him so much better now! I can pretty much ask him whatever now and get an answer that I can understand (other people probably can't always, but I speak Will-glish). And I can ask him about things that happened when I'm not there, and kind of understand what he is saying, which is cool to me for him to be able to tell me things that he did when he is at Mother's day out or with his grandparents. He has quite the little memory too, if we make the mistake of telling him we are doing something too soon in advance he will not stop bringing it up until we do it.
Let's see, what else about Will right now. I wanted to take a minute and kind of talk about him and where he is at right now, so I don't forget. It really does seem to go by fast. I feel like since he turned 2 he has been on a super speedy learning/talking/hopping/jumping/climbing/growing run.
His favorite color is yellow, he always wants whatever is yellow - food, condiments (mustard over ketchup), toys, colors, etc. That was the first color he could say and point out. He says it well too, really stresses the ll's and his little tongue will come out when he says it.
His favorite toys right now are any ball - and he has about a thousand; his slide that we have in the bonus room, he loves to jump from the top or over onto furniture - at first this scared me but now I'm like whatever go for it; and his trains and train tracks, and blocks. He always wants to 'build tain tack' or 'build tall tower'.
His favorite show is still Daniel Tiger (could they please make some more of those so I don't have to watch the same ones over and over and over and over....) but we've been mixing in some Curious George lately. I kind of like Curious George, it is cute. :)
He is obsessed with Five Little Monkeys jumping on the bed and we YouTube it to watch all of the different videos out there. Then he'll pretend to jump off the bed (couch) and hit his head. I'm like dude, you are really going to smack your head here in a minute.
He will come up to me sometimes and just hug me and say 'I love you Mommy' and of course every time I just about die from the sweetness. He is definitely a Mama's boy. He wants his Mama, and I love it. I know it won't last forever and some day (sniff sniff) he may prefer Daddy to me so I am soaking it in while I can. Sometimes it can be a little tiring when he always wants me to put him to bed and pick him up and rock him, but like I said, I try to remember this won't be forever.
Every night when we are going to bed he always says 'rock you minute' which means he wants me to rock him a minute, which he got from me saying 'OK I'll rock you a minute' so now every time he is upset and needs hugs or just at night he always says 'rock you minute'.
I think it is kind of funny, he starts almost every sentence with 'no'. 'No, look for rocks now'. 'No, rock you minute'. 'No, go play now'. It is like don't even think about disagreeing with whatever I'm about to say. I don't know where he got that one from. If he is thinking of what he wants to say he'll just be like 'no, no, no' while he is thinking of it. I love watching him try to think of what he wants to say.
His favorite foods - cheese dip, chips, sandwiches, fruit. Healthy right? I swear this kid exists on like 500 calories a day. He doesn't eat a lot so I am just happy to get him to eat whatever I can. I'm obviously not super hardcore about what he eats at this point. We try to get some good stuff in there when we can but like I said he hardly eats at all, at least it seems that way to me, so whenever he does I am just glad he is eating. He has never had an inch to pinch, he has always been a little skinny guy, even when he was a baby he never had any baby fat rolls really. I'm sure one day he will be eating everything in sight! (if he takes after his parents at all, I'm like where did you get this appetite but it is not from us!)
He is super sweet and a very polite little guy, he says 'excuse me' (scuse me), thank you (tank you), you're welcome, bless you if you sneeze. It's so cute when he says 'thank you mommy' when I do something for him or 'excuse me mommy' when he is trying to get around me or we bump into each other. Oh and 'I'm sorry' he's said that one too a few times if he accidentally bumps me or something. I guess Andy and I are just super polite to each other all of the time, not something I was even really that aware of, but that is a good thing right, and he seems to be soaking it in. Ha. The super polite Frecks.
His teachers at Mother's day out tell me he is just very easy going and always excited to do whatever activities they are doing, but he especially loves art (painting) and playing outside. That is daycare always told me too - painting and playing outside. Which makes me feel bad because we have never painted here. (ashamed) but I am a little afraid of the mess. I have some paints though so I need to just bite the bullet and try it at home.
Of course Will is also 2 so he obviously has his moments of being a complete little pain, whiny, screaming meltdowns but they actually don't happen as much as I feared. But I've had people tell me that 3 is actually worse than 2, and it should be the terrible 3's not 2's, so I'm like, awesome.... can't wait. I'm sure once they can talk  more and start learning to talk back and say mean things that is when it gets fun.
He is growing so fast, and when I pick him up he says 'Will's a heavy guy!'.  Whenever he sees the cat he runs up and says 'hi Biggie' and I have to say he is really good with the poor cat overall. Yes he jumps around and yells and Biggie is not a fan, but he has never tried to hit or kick or really even touch him, he knows to give Biggie his space. And I am super impressed he has never stepped on his tail accidentally, he always steps over it or around it. I'm just waiting for that to happen. Biggie has bitten him a few times but they were more just warning bites, not that hard, and I didn't mind because I wanted Will to learn not to mess with him too much. (Biggie is after all, my first child)
Well I have gone on and on about Will and how wonderful I think he is, I guess that is being a mom. :D I mostly wanted to get some things down because I am so bad at recording things or writing things down, at least I can have some things here.
I want him to stay little, and not grow up too fast. I will 'rock him minute' as long as he wants me too.

Now, some pics!

Rock quest

Playing in the pool today, I think we need a bigger pool!

Headed to the neighborhood block party, ready to get his party on

We went to a crawfish boil this past weekend, and it was so cold Saturday night we were hanging by the bonfire. Man, so nice, I'm sure we will not be seeing weather like that again for a while.

Riding the train with Daddy at the zoo
 





No comments:

Post a Comment