Tuesday, January 21, 2014

It's been a while...

Hi blog friends!! Yes, I haven't blogged in months, and most of you probably think I am dead. I am in fact not dead but have been so incredibly busy that blogging took a major back seat. I am hoping to get more into blogging now that I am officially a stay at home mom! Yes, we have taken a huge step and decided that I would step out of the workforce for a while to stay home with Will. I am both excited and nervous about this. I'm excited to hopefully have some time to breath and to enjoy spending time with Will while he is still my little baby. I am nervous as I have never not earned a paycheck since college so that is going to take some getting used to. Some of you may be remembering a previous post where I said stay at home moms have the hardest job in the world, and work was a breeze compared to that. Well, I guess I am about to find out! I did find out with my new job that it is all relative. Starting a new job was extremely stressful, and going into an office was something I had to adjust to after working from home for so long. I can now say that working a full time job outside the home while also being a mom to a toddler and having to take said toddler back and forth to daycare every day while still getting to work on time, and trying to fit in everything that needs doing at night and on the weekends - CRAZY INSANELY STRESSFUL. Working moms, that is hard. So, I guess my point is that it is all hard for us moms, but this mom was feeling extremely overwhelmed, stressed, and not very happy. We took a step back and decided to try this for a while. Some may be wondering if I will be able to hack being a stay at home mom. To them I say phooey, if I could work a 40 hour week at a new and incredibly stressful job while also being a mom and taking care of my child while doing so, I think I can handle being home with my baby boy and not having the major stress of work hanging over my head at all times while doing it. Yes I'm sure there will be times I'll be bored, frustrated, Will will be acting like a little snot (which is becoming more common the closer to 2 he gets), but I am up for the challenge. (Not to mention how poor we are going to be, that is going to be an adjustment as well, but one I think will be worth it in the long haul). I don't know how long we'll do this, but I hope we can at least do it a year.  We are just going to take things as they come and reassess as needed. We'll see. I take off my hat to moms everywhere, it is definitely the hardest job I've ever done, period. I guess my point is we never know how hard something is to someone else, and we are all doing the best we can. Let's support all moms no matter what. Mom power!
Will bowling at Christmas
Enough of that, looking forward to hopefully having more time to blog, and to catch up! I hope everyone is doing great. (My computer is not being very user friendly today so I apologize if this is disjointed)
Here is a pic of my cutie pie on his sit and spin at Christmas



3 comments:

  1. Thank you Jesus! Glad you are back to posting. Staying at home may be hard, but you will do great! Everyone has to do what is right for their family at that moment. This is your moment for your family and it sounds like you are doing what is right. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle for the sweet post! Miss you, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ams, so glad you are back!!!!! I had stopped checking for a while, but I'll start checking again . . . Can't wait to catch up in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete