Friday, August 30, 2013

There's a poop in the tub

Last night we had our first poop in the tub experience, I must say we were all quite shocked at first. It wasn't me, it was Will ha ha. Will was traumatized for about 15 minutes, I think it really freaked him out. It was actually pretty funny.
Will is doing well at his new daycare, pretty much every day he has 'active' and 'happy' circled on his sheet. Yay! You know what I love about it? They provide all of the food, whohoo! Breakfast, lunch and snacks.
I am very excited for a 3 day weekend, although it is going to be pretty hot ugh. And I'm excited for some Auburn football! We have taught Will to throw up his arms when we say 'touchdown!' It is very cute, so here's hoping we get the chance to do that tomorrow during AU's game.
So, we are still giving Will a bottle before bed, he'll be 18 months in Sept. Is that pretty normal or craziness? I'm not sure all I know is I am afraid to do anything that may throw off bedtime. He uses a sippy the rest of the day and drinks milk and water, but bedtime is formula. I like knowing he is getting those extra vitamins and such in the formula too. But, I know I need to get a plan to both cut out the formula (still the crazy expensive stuff for his now forgotten reflux) and the ba ba. Sad. I'm a little emotionally attached to his ba ba's too. At night when he is tired and ready for bed he starts going 'ba ba' in a sad little tired voice.
I hope everyone has a great Labor Day and War Eagle!!
(Hi Ams!:)


2 comments:

  1. Ha!!! That has happened to us several times. We call it a "Code Brown".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amy! Just getting back to the blogging world after a hiatus due to a new school year! :-) Loved reading about Will! We have had poop in the tub a couple of times. I freaked out, too! My two also took a bottle of milk until about 15-16 months at night. I was unwilling to do anything that might jeopardize sleep in any way! Ha! One night we just decided to go for it. We replaced the bottle with a little milk in a sippy. Fran cried and asked for her "ba-ool". I left the room and let Phil deal with it because I thought I was going to cry. He just told her "no" and that it was time to move on to sippy cups at night-night time. So they did. :-) I always thought things would be a big deal, and really it was just a big deal to me. Ha! Everyone else was fine! I can understand that you still want to give him a bottle, though. It is a little hard to say goodbye. I totally get it.

    ReplyDelete