Monday, October 22, 2012

I was talking to a guy at work last week whose granddaughter was born a day after Will. He was like 'oh it's such a great age, they are just smiling and laughing all of the time'. I was like 'yeah ahhh yes.... wait, no'. Do I just have a difficult baby? Yes, Will does smile and laugh a LOT especially when you compare it to the first months of his life, but he also spends a lot of time fussing fussing fussing. He just rarely seems content, if he is over here, he wants to be over there, if you give him this toy, he wants that toy, if you leave the room, watch out. You better come right back. And by the way pick me up and carry me around. Don't even try to change my diaper. Wipe my face - no way. And hand over the iPhone, iPad and remote control to me immediately or I'll climb over you to get it and I don't care if I kick you in the kidneys while doing so and will maybe pull out a fistful of your hair in the process. And I will cry/whine for an hour straight until you do what I want you to do although I can't tell you what that is yet so you just figure it out ASAP.
So, being the clueless mom of 1 that I am, I don't know if this is normal, are we somehow spoiling him, is he tricking us into getting his way all of the time, or is he just hard to please. I know some of this is normal baby stuff...right? Is all of it?? Help!
I think naming him Will was very fitting. : )
-------------------
I mashed up some avocado yesterday and gave some to Will, he seemed to like it. Then we were both covered in avocado -


Here is Will taking a snooze on me yesterday -

I do feel like he is spoiled to being held all of the time because of his reflux and colic. We always have to hold him upright for 30 minutes after he eats. He usually falls asleep. It is nice though to hold him so I don't really mind (except for when he was eating during the night still, then yes I minded a lot).
------------------------------
Here are some videos I tried to get of him crawling, per Nana's request! In one he crawls really fast to get the remote, then gets it stuck under the couch and tries to keep crawling under the couch, ha. In the other he wasn't really cooperating with the whole 'crawl to me' thing.



Cutie pie!

5 comments:

  1. Since you could have just described Owen as a baby, then yes, to me that seems very normal! Look out because Owen is still a handful but I would not have it any other way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my hundreds of years of experience, my friends that have had babies like you describe are usually very independent when they get older and very smart. And considering the genes this kiddo is coming from I could totally see this! You are not spoiling him! Carter still wears me out!!!! Zack...easy. Carter...lots of time in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kim and Michelle!! : ) Your boys are all very smart and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rush=easy baby and easy kid. Sydney Frances= a bit of a challenge to keep satisfied as a baby and ever since then. :-)These little personalities were evident for my two in the NICU. I could hear Fran hollering when I walked through the double doors, and you could barely hear Rush when you were sitting by his crib. Just goes to show you they come here with a bit of a "personality" from birth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha Laura I think you are right. Will I think is going to be a little stubborn and a willful little guy! Which hmm wonder where he got that from,,, both of his parents.

    ReplyDelete