Friday, November 30, 2012

Baby food is quite tasty

So, I never knew how tasty baby food is! Well, some of it. Some of it is gross. I have tasted a lot of it as I've fed Will to see what he is getting. Andy is just aghast about it, I'm like well if we are feeding it to him, shouldn't we taste test it first? We've been getting the little pouches that are mixed things like banana/peaches, or apples/broccoli, sweet potatoes/mangoes or apples/cinnamon/oatmeal. Some of those combos sound gross but are actually quite tasty. In fact I think if you took the pouch of mango baby food (just mango not sweet potato too) and put it in a blender with some ice and vodka you would have yourself a tasty treat. I think I'm going to have to try it. And bananas - yum! I think you could use it for banana bread or pancakes. I told Andy I think I'm just going to start eating baby food to make sure I get my nutrients. :) Also, I got some of the little puff thingies although Will doesn't really seem ready for them yet. But I finished off half a container of them the other day while I was feeding him because I was starving at the time. And, I got my blueberries and purple potatoes for the day!
Now, Will's formula is disgusting. I have tried it before and it didn't seem that bad but I tried some this morning and I almost threw up. Since he has started baby food he has gotten to where he hardly wants his bottle now, and I can't blame him. He has something to compare it to now and he is like, this sucks! He has been on Pregestimil since about 8 weeks for his protein allergy. It smells and tastes horrible. I'm wondering if we are at a point now where we could try some more 'regular' formula, maybe it tastes a little better.
His spitting up is so much better although it still happens, but with much less frequency. These days we are more likely to be changing a bib because of the nonstop drooling. We definitely don't have to change our clothes as much as we used to!

We are glad it is Friday and have a fun weekend planned including seeing friends, dinner and a movie, maybe the ICE exhibit at Opryland Hotel, and getting out some Christmas decorations.

I haven't been able to take pics because my phone is full, so I am going to have to get some pictures off of there before I can take any more.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment