I'm sorry for the lack of posts lately, I guess I haven't felt very bloggy. I am feeling very ready for Christmas and some vacation time though! We are really looking forward to Will's first Christmas. He has been crawling around the tree taking bows off of presents. We also went ahead and put together his swing/slide for outside, and have it sitting in the living room for now. He really doesn't seem to want to have anything to do with it, ha. I tried to strap him in the swing and he was cry/laughing which is cute, it is like he can't decide which one to do. But he wanted out!
Today I am picking up a King Ranch Chicken Casserole for dinner from 'the dinner lady':
Skinless, boneless chicken is seasoned, slow roasted and shredded. Celery, carrots, green pepper, onion and garlic are sautéed and become the flavor base of the dish and are heated with low-fat milk and flour to build a healthy roux for the dish. They are combined with diced tomatoes, green chiles, oregano, cumin, chili powder and Mexican cheese and topped with corn tortillas.
Yum!
I won't get to eat any right away though because I am going to my office Christmas party after work. Hopefully I won't pull a Bridget Jones and end up singing karaoke on a table. No, I don't plan on staying that long, will have to get back home to my boys.
Will has been sleeping so well lately (knock on wood) at night! Last night he slept from around 6:30ish to 6ish. He also is really enjoying eating the little yogurt melts and fruit and veggie puffs you can get for babies. When he hears me getting the yogurt melt bag and sees it he perks up and starts looking around for them. It is like the cat when I get out the treats. In fact they kind of sound the same so I'll be standing in the kitchen with either the melt bag or the treats and the cat and Will think they are getting a treat.
I have been trying to get him to have a 'lovey' but can't seem to get him to care about anything like that yet. He has never liked a pacifier either, which we definitely tried back in the colic days. I would be shoving it in his mouth like please take this pacifier! No dice.
His favorite thing, which I do think is cute, are the tags on his bibs. Poor thing he is so used to always having one on, and they have tags on the side. He will absentmindedly reach and feel for them when he is doing other things, and likes to suck on them and crawl around with the tag in his mouth, and likes to rub them when he is eating and falling asleep at night. When I was little I would suck my thumb and hold my blanket between my fingers, so it kind of seems like the same kind of thing to me when he holds onto his tag between his fingers, I think it gives him security.
Daycare has been going well, I think maybe we just needed some adjustment time. Will really enjoys his room and playing with and pulling up on all of the toys. His teacher told me his favorite toy is a little yellow shaky ball with a smiley face on it. Today when I got there, I got down on the floor to play a little bit with Will. I like to always play a little bit before I leave, and it is cute how the other babies kind of come crowd around to see what is going on. Will got out of my arms and went straight for a little container and tipped all of the balls out, and one was the yellow ball. It rolled across the room and he went right after it. So I was glad to see that, and to see him having fun before I leave as opposed to clinging to me as he has done before. : )
Maybe his favorite color is yellow. I like yellow too, as anyone who was at my wedding can attest to! Or anyone who saw my kitchen and den in my townhouse... the paint may have been a little too bright! But I've always loved a yellow kitchen. And yellow flowers. And yellow houses. OK enough rambling. Happy Thursday everyone!
They make little blankets called taggies. They are blanket with a bunch of little tags sewed to them. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Mich, we have some taggie stuff and he likes it but seems to prefer the real thing, funny how he can tell. He is a tag connoisseur!
ReplyDelete