![]() |
| Delicioso. Mas por favor. |
I love it when they take things that are already fattening and make it worse, I always want to try it. Fried ice cream (great), fried twinkie (too sweet), stuffed crust pizza (the cheese in the crust gets hard so not that great), double-down chicken sandwich from KFC (I have not tried this). When I saw the movie Super Size Me I went to McDonald's after and got a supersize combo meal. I don't think that is what they were going for but I was inspired. Plus, that is dumb, if you don't want to eat supersized meals from McDonald's don't eat it, but don't ruin it for everyone else. And no I don't want a salad from a fast food restaurant. If I want a salad I want a good salad. If I want a burger and fries, I want McDonald's.
Anyway.... going off on tangents today. We had a good weekend. Friday night Andy's parents came over to hang out. It is nice being close to family again (although I miss my family and wish they were closer!!)
Saturday I got a volcanic stone massage thanks to a gift certificate from friends and it was incredible. While I was getting pampered, Andy took Will to our nephew's basketball game and Will did great, he liked watching the game.
Yesterday we went to church and took Will to the nursery for the first time. This is the church we both really like, the one we went to while we were dating and engaged, and the church we got married at. So it is exciting to be able to go there again now and to start taking Will as well. They said Will did good in the nursery but that he didn't want to play on the mat but wanted to be held the whole time. Hmm, that doesn't really qualify as good in my book (for them anyway) but they seemed OK with it! They gave us pagers so they could page us if needed. At the end of the service I got a page 'please come' and freaked out and flew down to the nursery only to find it was a mistake page.
So, I am behind on Christmas tasks and decided last night was the night to get a good picture of Will for Christmas cards. We got some OK ones, nothing like what I was picturing in my head of course, but they will do! Have I mentioned how Will hates being undressed or dressed? I really do think he may be in a nudist colony someday. So it was a 20 minute struggle with him screaming the whole time to get him in his nice Christmas outfit. Way too many buttons and snaps. Andy came upstairs to see what I was doing to him to make him scream like that. Then he wouldn't sit still for the pictures and was kind of grumpy. I don't know how people get really good pictures of their kids for Christmas cards but I suspect there is alcohol involved somewhere. Here are some of the ones that will not make the Christmas card cut:

No comments:
Post a Comment