Thursday, December 13, 2012

Lesson Learned

When you give your cat some of the brie from your sandwich you will later find it puked up on your Christmas tree skirt. Hope nobody is eating while reading this.
Speaking of eating, last night we had:
Meatballs in Marinara                        
Big, tender, flavorful meatballs simmer all day in a satisfying deep, tomato sauce. The meatballs get their flavor from an amazing blend of spices and their tenderness from a panade made of yogurt, milk, egg and fresh breadcrumbs. This is a healthy dish made with lean beef, baked on racks first so there is no fat added to the sauce. The sauce is a light traditional sauce with red wine and fresh tomato taste shining through. After the meatballs are baked, they are then placed in our sauce and simmer for 4 hours. Wow what flavor!! 

And tomorrow we are having:
Chicken Tetrazzini                                                 
A delicious version of a classic dish! My version is made from a roué with white wine and chicken broth. Perfectly poached and seasoned chicken breasts are added, along with sautéed mushrooms, peas and parmesan cheese and tossed with noodles. The flavor is rich, but the dish tastes so light!

No, I did not and am not cooking these dishes. I have signed up for a cool service, this lady cooks meals in her home and sends an email to everyone on Sunday with the week's menu. You just tell her what you want, then day of go pick it up from a freezer in her garage and leave a check in a deposit box. She lives near me so it is very convenient. How awesome is that! 

Also speaking of eating (I think I may need to rename this blog to 'Where there's a Meal'), if you remember me talking about how great the Talenti Sea Salt Caramel gelato is, look at what I found at the store yesterday:

Ooooo yeah!
   
Andy is sick today, so I am hoping Will doesn't catch anything. Fingers crossed!
We had some holiday parties we were going to this weekend but we may be staying in instead now.
:(

I promise to have more pics of Will soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment