We got the cutest invitation for a friend of Andy's upcoming birthday/BBQ party, or at least I thought it was cute -
How fun is that? I think I'll get those for Will's first birthday party. Just kidding ha ha ha ha ha ha. Ha.
Actually I'm already thinking about doing a Cookie Monster themed birthday. I was looking at cakes, there are a lot of them out there. Of these two, which do you think I will try?
You are right, the second one! There is no way I'd try the first one, it looks like a big blue disaster waiting to happen followed by tears and me throwing measuring cups around the kitchen. I'm thinking on the second one I could put chocolate chip cookies all around the base. Of course, I know I'm getting a little ahead of myself and who knows what Will will like by then. Can a 1 year old decide what kind of cake they want? I'm really asking I don't know.
-----------------
In other food news, if you have never tried this batter blaster, you need to try it -
It is in the section of the grocery store where eggs and milk are. : ) It is so quick, easy and good. It makes pretty pancakes. Get the buttermilk kind though not the original, it is better. Also it helps to let it sit out a while before you cook the pancakes so the batter isn't so cold. But seriously how cool is this? I'm all for quick and easy and things that squirt out of cans, like Easy Cheese and Reddi-Wip.
---------------------
I love Boden, they have the cutest clothes, shoes, and accessories.
They also have baby clothes. I could not resist the splurge and got this outfit for Willbear – http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Baby-0-4yrs-Tops-T-shirts/71205-GRN/Baby-0-4yrs-Turf_Helicopter-Vehicle-T-shirt.html - shirt
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Baby-0-4yrs-Trousers-Jeans/73070-GRY/Baby-0-4yrs-Grey-Marl_French-Blue-Reversible-Baggies.html?orcid=-71#cs0 – pants, I got the navy ones with green stripes on the other side
If you like to shop online, check out the women’s stuff it is all so cute!
------------------------
I'll end with a picture of Will that I love :)
I want to squeeze him!


I personally think that the first and second birthdays are for the Mama to choose whatever theme you want to choose. The cookie monster is a cute idea! I have seen some cute cookie monster cupcakes on Pinterest! Maybe you could make him one for his "smash cake". :-) He will have an opinion on his party preferences by age 3. P.S. I will be trying that pancake batter. We frequently have pancakes for dinner around here.
ReplyDeleteCool, then I choose Cookie Monster! :) Cupcakes, that is a good idea! :) Just remember on the batter to let it sit out a while or run warm water over it so it is more room temp, and don't have the griddle too hot (these are tips Andy figured out, not me, I was trying to make them with cold batter and they were coming out like messy crepes!)
ReplyDeleteI agree that you get to choose the cake, definitely for the first birthday. By the second birthday, you still get to choose, but my kids did have more specific interests by then, so that gave me my ideas. You will know what they will like!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Laura, do what you want. And there are so many fun things you can do with cookie monster. Plus you kind of are a cookie monster! ha! Carter's first birthday was all balloons because he loved them and would say in his deep deep voice "bazoon". I have used that stuff too...I cooked waffles for a class one time and used that!
ReplyDeleteCOOKIE...
ReplyDelete